Passion. Creates. Purpose.
The Education Minor, taken in conjunction with an undergraduate student’s major area of study, is designed to provide insight into careers in various educational fields as well as an appreciation for the role education plays in society. The Education Minor seeks to instill in students an understanding of and affinity towards education that they can take with them whether or not the career they ultimately choose is directly related to education.
The Minor provides a strong foundation for further work in education at the graduate level and provides pertinent information and experiences that expand the student's understanding of career opportunities including:
- classroom teaching
- educational and career counseling
- educational law
- school building, district and business administration
- other potential educational careers in settings in New York, across the U.S. and internationally
Note: The Minor does not lead to teacher certification.
- Apply to the Education Minor
- Education Minor Steering Committee
- View our events on our Calendar!
- Submit Action Hours via the submission link on the MyCourses Organization.
General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Action Hours: email@example.com
Peer Advising office: AB-119
Faculty advisor: Dave Archer, AB-G10, 607-777-3603