Lean Six Sigma White Belt (LSSWB)
Join our FREE 2-hour White Belt Training to help you learn the fundamental concepts of Lean Six Sigma.This White Belt Course Includes:
- Exam: 25 multiple choice questions
- PDF files of course materials available for easy download
- Certification that is available if you pass the exam
- Membership to our Continuing Professional Education Group on LinkedIn.
Instructor: Dr. Mohammad Khasawneh
Content: 2 hours of self paced video lectures with self assessment quizzes to enhance your learning experience and a final 25-question multiple choice open book exam.
Credentials: A certification and a micro-credential (digital badge) will be available to students who complete the course work and pass the final exam for a fee of $29 (BU students) and $49 (non-BU students). Digital badges are easily displayed on social media (Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter)
Who can take this course: This course is intended for all engineers as well as non-engineers, professionals and students and is appropriate for both technical and non-technical audiences. The White Belt course is not a pre-requisite for the Yellow Belt course but is a good first step for those who would like to pursue their Yellow Belt or Green Belt certification.
ABOUT THE COURSE
This course draws upon over 30 years of experience in helping individuals and organizations delight their customers while saving millions of dollars. Lean Six Sigma is a process-improvement methodology that accelerates processes, increases efficiency and reduces or eliminates variation. Competition for customers is increasing throughout the corporate world, putting company profits at risk. Furthermore, customer expectations are changing rapidly as the rate of information increases; and the operating costs within companies are escalating. Now, more than ever, achieving process excellence is essential.
Session 1 - What is lean? Lean culture and history, Valued added vs non-valued added, 7 wastes, Lean tools, Lean implementation: push and pull, Visual control, Kanban
Session 2 - What is six sigma?
Session 3 - Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, Kaizen Event, Six Sigma Model, Key Players in Six Sigma Program, DMAIC.
After completing the course you will be able to list the basic concepts and principles
that underlie Lean and Six Sigma improvement methods:
• Describe the history of Lean and Six Sigma
• Distinguish between Lean and Six Sigma
• List the benefits of using Lean Six Sigma
• Define the roles involved in Lean Six Sigma
• Explain the Lean Six Sigma DMAIC framework
• Recognize the 8 Wastes of processes
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Dr. Mohammad T. Khasawneh
- Professor and Chair in Systems Science & Industrial Engineering Department
- Associate Director, Watson Institute for Systems Excellence
- Director, Healthcare Systems Engineering Center
- Director, Human Factors and Ergonomics Laboratory
- Graduate Program Director, Executive Master of Science in Health Systems
- SUNY Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching
- PhD, Industrial Engineering, Clemson University
To register please use the registration button on top of this page.For questions, contact the Office of Industrial Outreach
Phone: (607) 777-6241