The Premier Public University in the Northeast
Binghamton University is the Top Rated SUNY School
Here's what several distinguished national college guides and magazines reported about Binghamton's overall academics, affordability and programs:
- #8 public university and #15 overall in Forbes' Best Value ranking (2016)
- One of the nation's top 50 public universities for the 20th consecutive year. According to U.S. News & World Report (2019), Binghamton is the #80 best national university in the nation, and #32 best public university.
- #26 in the nation (out of 2,400 colleges and universities) for best value according to Money magazine's Best Colleges for your Money ranking (2018)
- U.S. News & World Report includes several Binghamton graduate programs among its 2017 list of "Best Graduate Schools" (2017)
- #4 of the top 10 most affordable top-ranked institutions in the United States according to U.S. News & World Report (2017)
- Smartest SUNY school according to Business Insider
- A top 25 public university in the nation for net 20-year return on investment ($590,000 versus a $99,444 four-year cost of attendance, based on 2016-2017 costs), according to Money and based on the PayScale 2018 College ROI Report
- #44 of all colleges and universities in the nation "doing the most for the American Dream," according to The New York Times (2017)
- Included in "The 50 Most Affordable College Towns in the U.S." (2016)
- "One of the central institutions in one of the country's strongest public university systems, Binghamton University upholds rigorous academic, cultural and engagement standards ... and you're sure to get the best bang for your buck" according to The Princeton Review: Best Value Colleges for 2019
- #35 on its list of "Top Colleges Doing the Most for Low-Income Students" according to The New York Times' Upshot (2015)
- #36 in the nation for helping students get ahead according to a Social Mobility Index developed by CollegeNet (2018)
- Rated one of only 10 Best Buy public universities in the nation and a premier public university in the Northeast by The Fiske Guide to Colleges (2019)
- Rated one of the top six most affordable universities in the world for international students, according to AdvisoryHQ (2017)
- #18 in 2018 as a best value among the nation's public colleges for out-of-state students
and #26 overall according to Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- #9 in average annual earnings in Upstate New York colleges, as tabulated by the U.S. Department of Education (2016)
- Rated #32 among U.S. universities in the 2017 Green Report from SaveOnEnergy.com.
- Ranked among the top 100 U.S. institutions enrolling 1,000 or more international students – specifically #79 nationally out of approximately 1,500 schools participating in Open Doors 2017 – the Institute of International Education (IIE)'s annual census of international students in the U.S.
Several aspects of Binghamton University are recognized for outstanding academic offerings, value and successes within specific fields of study, employment and interests:
- The School of Management is #14 on Fortune's list of the "25 Best Colleges for Earning A Degree." (2015)
- The School of Management is #37 on Money's Best Colleges for Business Majors (2018)
- Corporate recruiters ranked Binghamton 11th among all schools for the quality of its graduates; and students praised "the schools' intimate feel and responsive administration."
- Binghamton is #15 on the spring 2016 Hillel College Guide Top 60 Schools Jews Choose list.