In the Department of Mechanical Engineering students have a number of ways to get involved outside of coursework. Our student organizations are active in leadership, scholarship and community outreach.
- The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Binghamton Pi Tau Sigma
- Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- Mechanical Contractors Association (MCA)
- Mechanical Engineering Graduate Student Organization (ME-GSO)
- Mechanical Engineering Student Advisory Committee (MESAC)
While the above are groups specific to mechanical engineers, a variety of student groups are offered to all engineering and computer science majors at Binghamton University.