Materials characterization, microstructure/property relationships, thin films, computational materials, interfacial phenomena, functional materials, materials processing
Qiu, H., Dong, X., Hyun Shim, J., Cho, J., Mativetsky, J.M. (2018). Effective charge collection area during conductive and photoconductive atomic force microscopy.Applied Physics Letters.
- Wu, Y., Luo, H., Cai, C., Wang, Y., Zhou, Y., Yang, L., Zhou, G. (2019). Comparison of CMAS corrosion and sintering induced microstructural characteristics of APS thermal barrier coatings. Journal of materials science & technology.
- Wu, D., Liu, Q., Li, J., Sadowski, J.T., Zhou, G. (2018). Visualizing Reversible Two-Dimensional Phase Transitions in Oxygen Chemisorbed Layers. The Journal of Physical Chemistry C.
Current Funded Research
Junghyun Cho (PI)
- PDRD Conformal Coating Tin Whiskers - Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies LLC
Guangwen Zhou (PI)
- Collaborative Research: Coordinated In-Situ Dynamic Experiments and Atomistic Modeling of Surface Segregation in Alloys- National Science Foundation
- Materials Synthesis and Simulations Across Scales (MS3) Richland, WA, USA - Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- In Situ Visualization and Theoretical Modeling of Early Stages of Oxidation of Metals and Alloys - US Department of Energy.
Stanley Whittingham (PI), Guangwen Zhou (Co-PI)
- Northeast Center for Chemical Energy Storage (NECCES) - US Department of Energy.