Materials characterization, microstructure/property relationships, thin films, computational materials, interfacial phenomena, functional materials, materials processing
Chen, X., Dmuchowski, C., Park, C., Fay, C., & Ke, C. (2017). Quantitative Characterization of Structural and Mechanical Properties of Boron Nitride Nanotubes in High Temperature Environments. Scientific Reports, 7(1), 11388.
Dong, F., Maganty, S., Meschter, S., & Cho, J. (2018). Effects of curing conditions on structural evolution and mechanical properties of UV-curable polyurethane acrylate coatings. Progress in Organic Coatings, 114, pp. 58-67.
Zou, L., Yang, C., Lei, Y., Zakharov, D., Wiezorek, J., Su, D., Yin, Q., Li, J., Liu, Z., Stach, E., Yang, J., Qi, L., Wang, G., & Zhou, G. (2018). Dislocation nucleation facilitated by atomic segregation. Nature Publishing Group, 17(1), pp. 56.
Current Funded Research
- Materials Characterization in Electronics Packages Analog Devices. Characterization of ZnO and TiO2 Coatings - N2 Biomedical LLC.
- Characterization of Conformal Composite Coatings - BAE Systems Controls Incorporated
- Ultraviolet (UV) Curable Polyurethane Coatings with Improved Moisture Barrier Properties - NYS Energy Research and Development Authority
- Materials Synthesis and Simulations Across Scales (MS3) Richland, WA, USA - Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- In Situ Visualization and Theoretical Modeling of Early Stages of Oxidation of Metals and Alloys - US Department of Energy.
- Collaborative Research: situ Characterization of Methanol Oxidation Catalyzed By Copper-Based Materials - National Science Foundation
- Collaborative Research: Investigation of Fundamental properties of Lead-Free Nanosolders for Nanoscale Assembly and Nano-Joining - National Science Foundation.
Stanley Whittingham (PI), Guangwen Zhou (Co-PI)
- Northeast Center for Chemical Energy Storage (NECCES) - US Department of Energy.