Multiphysics phenomena, microstructural vibrations, MEMS/NEMS, novel acoustic measurement techniques, noise control, microscale vibrations and acoustics, nonlinear dynamics, sensors and actuators, control systems
Pallay, M., Towfighian, S. (2018). A Reliable MEMS Switch Using Electrostatic Levitation. Applied Physics Letters.
- Yu, K., Yi, J., Shan, J.W. (2018). Real-time motion planning of multiple nanowires in fluid suspension under electric-field actuation. International Journal of Intelligent Robotics and Applications.
- Zhou, J., Li, B., Liu, J., Jones, W., Miles, R.N., Highly-damped nanofiber mesh for ultrasensitive broadband acoustic flow detection, Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering.
Current Funded Research
Ronald Miles (PI)
- Capacitive Pressure/ Velocity Probe for Acoustic Measurements in the Human Ear Canal - National Inst on Deafness & Other Comm Disorders
Ronald Miles (PI), Sherry Towfighian (Co-PI)
- A New Approach to Capacitive Sensing: Repulsive Sensors - National Science Foundation
Sherry Towfighian (PI)
- An implantable self-powered load sensor for total knee replacement health monitoring - National Institutes of Health