New Employees

You will be joining a dedicated group of faculty, professionals and support staff who work collaboratively in a rewarding environment. The mission of our campus is to provide an affordable, world-class education to high-caliber students.

Please print and complete the appropriate new employee forms and bring them to the Human Resources office, Student Payroll Service Center or the HR coordinator in your department.

Important note: one of these forms, the I-9, employment authorization form (appropriate documentation required), must be signed in person at a Human Resources location most convenient for you within your first three (3) days of employment.  We may not place persons on the payroll without a completed I-9, as all employers in the United States are required by law to verify the employment authorization, via the I-9 form, of all workers they hire regardless of the employees' immigration status.  We thank you for your understanding.

Our locations for I-9 and new employee forms completion:

If you will be joining us in a benefits-eligible position, a representative from Human Resources will contact you to schedule an information and enrollment session. In the meantime, feel free to browse our Benefits web pages.

New Employee Forms

Select from the categories below so that we may provide you with the appropriate employment and payroll-related information

International Employees: please also contact our Tax Treaty Specialist for additional information regarding the extension of tax treaty benefits to non-resident alien faculty, staff and student employees.

Additional Resources for New Employees

Need a Social Security Card?

Social Security Administration

The Application for a Social Security Card (SS-5) can be used by anyone who has never been issued a card, needs a replacement card or has changed his or her name.

Benefits-eligible employees must present their Social Security card to Human Resources in order to be enrolled in benefits programs.

BU Photo ID Card

Faculty and Staff photo ID cards may be picked up at the Human Resources Office, Couper Administration Building, 2nd Floor, Room 244, between the hours of 9 am - 3 pm, Monday through Friday.

Research Foundation employees, students, volunteers, non-salaried staff and others may pick up their photo ID cards at the Registrar's office

BU eMail Account

The University community relies on Binghamton University email addresses as their primary means of communication both to individuals (via one-on-one email messages) and to the community at large (via listservs and other multi-recipient transmissions). Although some mail, both "official" and unofficial, is sent both by email and in hard copy, the University sends all official mail to faculty, staff and students to their individual email addresses in the "" domain.

Faculty and Staff initial email account setup information

Emergency Management

Binghamton University utilizes multiple methods of communicating emergency information. Available techniques for communicating critical information include text/electronic messaging, alert line and more.  Sign up to receive emergency-related messages.

Dateline is a daily electronic news service for University faculty and staff compiled by the Office of Communications and Marketing.

In an effort to be as efficient as possible when communicating to the entire campus, the University is making a change and is establishing Dateline as the primary means of notifying faculty and staff of any official communications.

New faculty and staff members must request to sign up if they wish to receive the emails; they will not automatically be added to the distribution list. 

To subscribe, send an email to