Students living in HaWC are a part of Dickinson Community. We reserve the Health and Wellness Community (HaWC) in Old Digman Hall for first-year students. HaWC residents enjoy the opportunity of living with all first-year students, as well as educational and social experiences designed specifically to meet the needs of new first-year students. We have approximately 140 first-year students on three co-ed floors. The Wellness Suite includes:
- A kitchen and classroom for cooking demonstrations and wellness classes.
- A large studio for yoga/group exercise.
- A Well Study Space which contains exercise/study bikes, fit and balance chairs and a mirrored wall to write study notes on.
- Two serenity rooms for meditation with SAD light therapy lamps.
- An open lounge area with additional exercise/study bikes.
- A meditation labyrinth located just outside the building.
HaWC is a traditional-style hall with large double rooms on a corridor with four private bathrooms on each floor, and is the only residence hall located inside Binghamton's central "brain." It's close to the Union/MarketPlace and Admissions Center, and is only a quick walk across East Drive to the Chenango Champlain Collegiate Center (C4) for dining services. Additionally, the East Gym offers FitSpace group exercise, personal training and wellness services, conveniently located just down the hill.
Ground floor set-up rendering of ground floor yoga and meditation rooms: