Due to the current circumstances, all Binghamton University Dining Services operations are closed for the duration of the summer.
Continue to check the Dining Services website for updates.
Fall 2020 reopening FAQ
How will dining on campus work?
Campus dining facilities, both resident and retail, will adopt operating procedures that provide food in single-serving, ready-for-takeout packaging and will also institute increased sanitation at customer touch points. Dining facilities will be configured so diners will have only one entry point and one exit point, with patrons queued in lines that adhere to social distancing guidelines and a greeter who will control the entry to the serving area. Some seating will be available consistent with social distancing guidelines. Menu selections will be offered as pre-packaged meals and self-service condiment, food and beverage stations have been discontinued. Touchless payment will be used at all locations and Plexiglass barriers have been installed at cashier stations. For additional details, visit the Binghamton University Dining Services website.
How will Dining Dollar roll over work?
If you will live in a Residence Hall on campus this fall (Mountainview, Hinman, CIW, Dickinson or Newing), your dining dollars will automatically roll over to your fall meal plan account. The default meal plan selection is Plan C, but if you have a large carryover balance, you may want to select a smaller meal plan for the upcoming semester. You will make this change using BU BRAIN.
If you will be a commuter student this fall (including students living in Hillside and Susquehanna communities) and have:
- A spending balance greater than $100, your meal plan dining dollars can be easily transferred, dollar for dollar, to the $25 Plan at no additional cost. This is a retail plan and does not include resident pricing. Details can be found on our website. You will need to contact the meal plan office at email@example.com or 607-777-6000 to choose this option.
- A spending balance greater than $340 can be used to purchase a Commuter Semester Plan at no additional cost. You will need to contact the meal plan office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 607-777-6000 to choose this option.
- A spending balance greater than $650 can be used to purchase a Commuter Annual Plan at no additional cost. You will need to contact the meal plan office at email@example.com or 607-777-6000 to choose this option.
If you will be taking fall 2020 off, or attending only online classes and plan to return to campus for spring 2021:
- And your dining dollars spending balance is greater than $100, the balance will be carried over to the meal plan you purchase for the spring 2021 semester.
- If your balance is less than $100, it will not automatically be carried forward and will not be refunded. You may choose to enroll in the $25 Plan before the end of the fall 2020 semester, which will protect your carryover balance, and will be available for use through the end of the spring 2021 semester. If you return to live on campus for the spring 2021 semester, you will be required to enroll in a resident meal plan for that semester.
If you will be graduating in fall 2020 and will be completing your final term remotely, we can offer you a refund of your dining dollar balance. Carryover dining dollars from any previous academic year are not eligible for refund.
If you are transferring to another university or discontinuing your studies at Binghamton for more than one semester, you will not be eligible for a refund.
Binghamton University Dining Services
Binghamton University offers a wide variety of dining options to suit everyone's needs on campus. We're proud to partner with Sodexo to deliver quality meals with superior service. All residents living in University housing, except those living in Susquehanna and Hillside communities, are required to participate in one of the resident dining plans.
All residents living in University housing, except those living in Susquehanna and Hillside communities, are required to participate in one of the resident dining plans. Both resident and commuter dining plans are available.
Binghamton University has a lot of retail dining as well.
Binghamton University Dining Services ensures food safety through the use of the following Food Policy.
During a self-catered event the Food Policy Waiver of Liability Form must be submitted to Auxiliary Services 15 days prior to event date.