We can help you change the world
The College of Community and Public Affairs (CCPA) offers an array of undergraduate, master’s and doctoral degree programs.
Our students receive an excellent education at an affordable price and pursue rewarding careers, providing them with a high return on the investment they have made in their education.
Our internationally-recognized faculty experts help students grow in an environment where people from different backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to make their voices heard.
Community is our classroom
We take pride in a commitment to social justice, bridging classwork with real-world experiences in the community. Our students complete at least one internship while earning their degrees.
What are the results?
- More than 200,000 combined internship hours each year helping nonprofits, agencies and school districts advance their work in the community.
- $6 million local economic impact annually.
Preparing students for rewarding careers
- Community Research and Action (PhD)
- Human Development (BS, MS in Human Rights)
- Public Administration (MPA)
- Public Health (MPH), with Decker College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Social Work (BSW, MSW)
- Student Affairs Administration (MS SAA)
- Sustainable Communities (MA, MS), with Harpur College of Arts and Sciences
- Teaching, Learning and Educational Leadership (MS, MA, MAT, MSEd, EdD)
Meet a CCPA alumna whose education helped her change the world
Make the most of your education
Explore more opportunities for increasing your professional marketability:
Accreditation and licensure
CCPA’s nationally accredited programs include:
- The Master of Public Administration (MPA) program is accredited by the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA).
- The Master of Social Work (MSW) program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education's Commission on Accreditation.
- The Baccalaureate of Social Work (BSW) program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education's Commission on Accreditation.
- Teaching, Learning and Educational Leadership is accredited by the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP).
The Department of Social Work and the Department of Teaching, Learning, and Educational Leadership offer licensure-qualifying programs in their respective professions. For more information about the states where their curriculum fulfills the educational requirements for licensure or certification, visit: