Here are 7 suggestions on ways to relax and unwind, even during the workday. Here is the article this blog is based on, if you are interested in more information.
1. Working from home doesn’t mean that you have to go full-force every minute of every day. Take time for breaks, including making yourself a cup of coffee and taking time to eat lunch away from your desk. If you need assistance with disciplining yourself to take a break, there are many ways your mobile device or computer can help you. One example is the Chrome add-on that allows you to customize the length of your break and work sessions. You can also set the beginning and end of the workday with Break Timer, and it will alert you when you’re supposed to be “off the clock”.
3. It takes energy to get through the workday, and you need the proper fuel to propel you forward. Take time to enjoy your lunch or a snack break away from the computer.
4. Some people prefer working out first thing in the morning, and others when they’re done with work for the day. A few will even take time out from the workday to do it. A found that workers who exercised during working hours were more productive, managed their time better, and felt more satisfaction with their work.
5. Working from home doesn’t have to make you a hermit. You might have family members around to have a quick chat with. As for your coworkers, while you may not be physically near them, you’re not isolated from them. You can still reach each other.
6. Make yourself comfortable.
7. You don’t have to think about your work 24/7. When you call it a day, it’s okay to shut off the computer.