Your guide to an SOM graduate degree
Save time and money
Looking to gain a competitive edge in the job market? The School of Management has MBA program options designed for students of all academic backgrounds.
- Four-Semester STEM MBA option - available to students of all undergraduate majors.
- One-Year STEM MBA option (for non-business majors) - available to students of all majors with prerequisite coursework in statistics and economics.
- One-Year STEM MBA option (for business majors) - available to students who have earned a bachelor's degree in business or accounting from an AACSB-accredited school within the last five years.
- SOM/STEM MBA 4+1 program - available to current Binghamton University business administration undergraduates in the School of Management.
- Harpur/STEM MBA 4+1 program - available to current Binghamton University undergraduates in Harpur College of Arts and Sciences.
- Watson/STEM MBA 4+1 program - available to current Binghamton University undergraduates in the Thomas J. Watson College of Engineering and Applied Science.
Not sure which option is the right fit for you? Contact Molly Pianella at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
What STEM means for Binghamton's MBA
All of our MBA program options have STEM-designation due to their strong focus on quantitative and management sciences. STEM-designated degrees offer students the possibility of academic advancement and employment security.
The STEM-designation is particularly beneficial for international students looking for work in the U.S. Traditionally, with an F-1 visa, graduates are eligible for up to 12 months of Optional Practical Training (OPT) once a degree program is completed. With the STEM-designation, students can apply to extend the OPT period for an additional 24 months.
Why a Binghamton MBA?
The world depends on organizations of all kinds to deliver its needs. Those organizations need strategic and ethical leaders. That’s where Binghamton comes in.
The Binghamton University School of Management is consistently ranked among the best business schools in the nation. We’ve made it our mission to keep our curriculum relevant and cutting-edge, while ensuring foundational management skills are at the core of everything we teach.
As a public business school, we’re focused on accessibility. We believe earning a business education shouldn’t mean paying an excessive price. With affordable offerings, we are here to help motivated and hard-working individuals earn a business education that is both top-ranked and obtainable.
The curriculum of our AACSB-accredited MBA program covers all the effective foundational areas of business, meaning you’ll get an in-depth look at how all the aspects of an organization work together. This big picture perspective will be vital as you move up in your career.
Our electives are rooted in today’s most pressing topics, allowing you to see how organizations will need to adjust to stay relevant in an economy driven by data analysis and rapidly advancing technology. You can declare a concentration in Business Analytics, Finance, Marketing, Management Information Systems, Leadership/Consulting and Supply Chain Management.
Opportunties for student experience at SOM
The experiential opportunities the School of Management provides are second to none, allowing students to develop the hands-on skillsets needed for their career.
- Create a comprehensive media campaign for Zenith, one of the largest media marketing agencies in the country, in the Strategic Media Planning course.
- Work closely with real-world client-serving professionals to develop cybersecurity expertise and project management/teamwork skills in the Cybersecurity course.
- Consult with regional and local organizations on strategic leadership and change management practices in the Strategic Leadership course.
- Develop industry reports with a team of equity research analysts in New York City through the Jefferies Externship Program.
- Analyze supply chain efficiency and make management recommendations for real-world companies like Mazda Motors through a Supply Chain Management project course.
- Manage the Binghamton University Investment Fund portfolio worth $500,000 and gain invaluable experience in following the financial markets and valuing companies.
Over 80 percent of our recent MBA graduates received a full-time job offer within three months of graduation, and have gone on to work at places like American Express, Citi, Deloitte, EY, Goldman Sachs, Grant Thornton, Horizon Media, Jefferies, JP Morgan, KPMG, Microsoft, Protiviti, Publicis, Mazda Motors, Morgan Stanley, PwC and RSM.
Our School of Management Career Services Office is one of the most effective resources we offer to students, ensuring that the right connections are made before graduation. The office provides a wide array of services, including one-on-one career counseling, professional development workshops, mock interviews and career and alumni mentoring and networking events.
Teaching Assistant and Graduate Assistant positions
All eligible applicants for admission are considered for assistantship positions within the academic area that they are applying to during the admissions process. The department evaluates all their existing and incoming graduate students and then decides who to award an assistantship to. Essentially everyone that is eligible for admission along with current students are considered for assistantships.
No previous business coursework is required for admission into most of our MBA program options. Well-developed English and computer skills, as well as a working knowledge of calculus, are beneficial.
While we accept GMAT and GRE scores for consideration, they are not required for our MBA and MS Accounting programs.
If you have questions about the admissions process or MBA academic advising, contact email@example.com or call (607) 777-4696. You can also contact:
For more information on Binghamton University admission requirements or to begin your application, visit the Graduate School website.
|MBA (Master of Business Administration)
|March 15 (Recommended)
|December 1 (Recommended)