Project Management (Live Virtual Course)
Instructor: Dr. Brian Galli
Date: November 11-13, 2019
Time: 2 pm - 4 pm (2 hours per day)
Delivery: Using Virtual platform (details will be emailed when registered)
Who can take this course: This workshop is open to all engineers, professionals and students.
Credentials: A Project Management Practitioner Badge and a Course Completion Certificate will be issued to students who complete the test which will be made available at the end of the course.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Does your project ever get behind schedule or over budget? Does your project sometimes miss a task or activity that is critical to the completion of the project? Ever wonder why and how this can happen? Well you have come to the right place. This seminar will provide an in-depth look at two pivotal project management tools: Work Breakdown structures (WBS), and Scheduling/Estimating Techniques (Critical Path and PERT). Come learn how to more effectively plan and manage your projects in order to minimize risk and improve success!
The topics include:
- What is Project Management
- Project Lifecycle, Project Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), Project Constraints & Project Triple Constraint Triangle
- Project versus Operations, Project Succeed and fail
- Planning stage, Working stage, closing stage
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Brian J. Galli holds a doctoral degree in Engineering Management from Old Dominion University, earned December 2013. He is a licensed professional engineer in New York State and holds a certification as a Lean Six Sigma Blackbelt. His major field of study is continuous improvement in healthcare settings as well as deployment of continuous improvement and project management. He works as an Assistant Professor of Management Engineering at Long Island University–Post. He also owns Apex Strategies, Ltd, a company that that specializes in continuous improvement consulting and training initiatives. He has over 9 years of experience in applying industrial engineering and continuous improvement tools and concepts in a wide variety of arenas, including healthcare, manufacturing, transactional, and service environments.
$195 Industry/Standard Rate
$150 BU faculty/staff/Alumni (graduated in May 2018 or prior)
$95 BU Students
**Group pricing is available, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please register before Wednesday, November 6, 2019.
Confirmation and course information will be emailed to registrants. Include your email address on your registration form. If you have not received confirmation seven days before the start of the program or have a question about the registration process call the Office of Industrial Outreach at (607) 777-6241.
For questions, contact the Office of Industrial Outreach
Phone: (607) 777-6241
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
1. All cancellations must be received in writing by noon Friday, November 8, 2019 to receive a refund.
2. Cancellations of confirmed registrations are subject to a $20 administrative fee. No refunds for cancellations or non-attendance will be given after November 11, 2019.
3. Substitutions may be made any time before the beginning of the course by informing the Office of Industrial Outreach.
4. If the course is canceled, enrollees will be advised and receive a full refund.