Design Thinking for Operational Excellence Workshop
- When: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Nov. 17
- Where: Binghamton University Campus, ITC Complex, ES 2008 Classroom
- Instructor: Joseph F. Paris Jr.
What is Design Thinking?
Design Thinking for Operational Excellence is a structured and user-focused method that aims to enhance operational processes and boost overall organizational performance. It integrates empathy, creativity, and iterative problem-solving to promote innovation, improve user experiences, and optimize operational efficiency. This approach offers a fresh perspective on addressing complex challenges in organizational change.
Who does Design Thinking benefit?
Individuals who want to:
- Humanize problem solving using empathy and the Socratic method.
- Compress time by engaging challenges using gamification techniques.
- Combine creative and rational thinking to generate breakthrough ideas.
- Solve complex (or "wicked") problems using Design Thinking.
- Collaborate with team members to make difficult decisions more quickly and efficiently.
- Individuals involved in Strategy Development (senior executives) and Deployment (operations)
- Human Resources professionals
The challenges faced are the same, but different, across all industries. The companies that will benefit the most are companies that have difficulties facing challenges and deciding on a course of action. The cross-functional collaboration of the journey is conversational and empathetic with the outcome being a decision and path forward.
How can Design Thinking help you?
By applying Design Thinking to Operational Excellence, organizations can achieve several benefits, including:
- Managers can evaluate organizational readiness to change
- Employee buy-in and emotional readiness
- Enhanced user experience
- Increased efficiency and effectiveness
- Innovation and creativity
- Collaboration and cross-functional alignment
- Agility and adaptability
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Joseph F. Paris Jr.
- Author: “State of Readiness” (Released May 2017)
- Chairman: XONITEK Group of Companies
- Founder: Operational Excellence Society
- Operational Excellence LinkedIn Group with 125,000+ members
- Lean Six Sigma LinkedIn Group with 900,000+ members
- “Operational Excellence By Design” e-newsletter; 25,000 subscribers
- Founder of The Readiness Institute
- Producer and host of the podcasts The Outliers Inn, State of Readiness and Supercharged Supply Chain
- Advisory Boards: Binghamton University, RV College of Engineering, Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (IISE), Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- Writer, keynote speaker, lecturer, mentor, connector
- $350: Standard/Industry Rate (Group rates available, see below)
- $250: BU faculty/staff
- $150: Binghamton University Students and Alumni
Group rates for industry available (2-4 participants, 5-9 participants, 10 and up)
For group rates contact the Office of Industrial Outreach at 607-777-6251 or email@example.com
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
All cancellations must be received in writing by November 10 by 5 pm to receive a refund. No refunds for cancellations or non-attendance will be given after 5 pm on that date.
Substitutions may be made any time before a certain date by informing the Office of Industrial Outreach.
A $20 refund fee will be applied to all refunds requested by registrants.
If the course is canceled by the organizers, enrollees will be advised and receive a full refund.