Design Thinking for Healthcare
Instructor: Michael V. Testani
If you are intersted in this course, please contact us at email@example.com and let us know. This course can also be delivered as a private offering for your organizatio either as an in person or online/hybrid course. Thank you!
ABOUT THE COURSE
Learn proven techniques to find breakthrough solutions to the complex problems faced by the healthcare industry.
Design thinking focuses on experiential design that puts a strong emphasis on end-user (patient) experiences. This methodology is applicable in variety of healthcare settings, especially for service providers (including leaders, marketing and strategy professionals). The design-thinking approach is used to collaborate, innovate and create problem-solving capabilities within all healthcare organizations.
Find out the best ways to bring together different voices, perspectives and lenses in health services design and innovation. As more healthcare professionals embrace design thinking, you will leverage a deeper understanding of patients to achieve better clinical outcomes, improve patient experience and lower costs.
At the completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the foundational principles of design thinking to improve the patient experience
- Apply the creative and critical thinking processes to healthcare practices
- Improve creative and critical thinking techniques to benefit all key stakeholders in the healthcare system
- Understand the design-thinking framework for collaborative problem-solving as it applies to healthcare
- Apply key design-thinking practices to improve patient experiences
- Identify ways that design thinking can be used in your business
- Gain access to additional resources and references on design thinking and design thinking in healthcare
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Michael Testani is the director of Industrial Outreach and Continuing Education for Watson College at Binghamton University.
- Adjunct professor for Systems Engineering Design course
- Lecturer and mentor for MS in Healthcare Systems Engineering program
- Business transformation, leadership and learning consultant for IBM Corp.
- Certified LSS Master Black Belt, Lean Master, Agile and Design Thinking Champion
- Author and guest lecturer for industry, organizations and universities
$495 standard rate (industry)
$395 Binghamton University faculty/staff/alumni (graduated in May 2018 or before)
$295 Binghamton University students
Group rates/discounts are available for industry. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 607-777-6241 for more information.
Register by Aug. 9, 2019.
Confirmation and course information will be emailed to registrants. Include your email address on your registration form. If you have not received confirmation seven days before the start of the program or have a question about the registration process, call the Office of Industrial Outreach at 607-777-6241.
You must register through the link above and choose your payment method. Payments
must be made before the start of the workshop. If you are paying by check, the check
must have been received by our office before the start of the workshop.
For questions, contact the Office of Industrial Outreach
Phone: (607) 777-6241
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
All cancellations must be received in writing by noon on Aug. 8, 2019, to receive a refund.
Cancellations of confirmed registrations are subject to a $20 administrative fee. No refunds for cancellations or non-attendance will be given after Aug. 8, 2019.
Substitutions may be made any time before the beginning of the course by informing the Office of Industrial Outreach.
If the course is canceled, enrollees will be advised and receive a full refund.