Design Thinking Healthcare
Instructor: Michael V. Testani
Date: Aug. 16, 2019
Time: 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Location: SUNY Global Center, 116 E 55th St, New York, NY 10022
ABOUT THE COURSE
The purpose of this course is to introduce you to proven techniques to find breakthrough solutions to the complex problems faced by the Healthcare industry. Design thinking focuses on experiential design, in that a strong emphasis is placed on the end-user, or patient, experiences. This methodology is applicable in variety of health care settings, especially for healthcare service providers; including leaders, marketing and strategy professionals. The Design Thinking approach is used to collaborate, innovate and create problem-solving capabilities within all healthcare organizations.
You will learn how to bring together different voices, perspectives, and lenses in health services design and innovation. Moreover, as more healthcare professionals embrace design thinking, you will leverage a deeper understanding of patients to achieve better clinical outcomes, improve patient experience and lower costs.
At the completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the foundational principles of Design Thinking
- Apply the creative and critical thinking processes
- Improve your own creative and critical thinking techniques
- Understand the Design Thinking framework for collaborative problem solving as it applies to healthcare
- Apply several key Design Thinking practices to improve end-user experiences
- Identify ways that Design Thinking can be used in your business
- Gain access to additional resources and references on Design Thinking
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Michael Testani: Director of Industrial Outreach and Continuing Education for the Watson School at Binghamton University
- Adjunct Professor for Systems Engineering Design course
- Lecturer and mentor for MS in Healthcare Systems Engineering program
- Business Transformation, Leadership and Learning Consultant for IBM Corporation
- Certified LSS Master Black Belt, Lean Master, Agile and Design Thinking Champion
- Author and guest lecturer for industry, organizations and universities
$495 Standard Rate (Industry)
$395 Binghamton University faculty/staff/alumni (graduated in May 2018 or before)
$295 Binghamton University students
Group rates are available for industry. Please contact email@example.com or call 607-777-6241 for more information.
Register by Aug. 9, 2019.
Confirmation and course information will be emailed to registrants. Include your email address on your registration form. If you have not received confirmation seven days before the start of the program or have a question about the registration process call the Office of Industrial Outreach at 607-777-6241.
You must register through the link above and choose your payment method. Payments
must be made before the start of the workshop. If you are paying by check the check
must have been received by our office before the start of the workshop.
For questions, contact the Office of Industrial Outreach at:
Phone: (607) 777-6241
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
All cancellations must be received in writing by noon August 8, 2019 to receive a refund.
Cancellations of confirmed registrations are subject to a $20 administrative fee. No refunds for cancellations or non-attendance will be given after August 8, 2019.
Substitutions may be made any time before the beginning of the course by informing the Office of Industrial Outreach.
If the course is canceled, enrollees will be advised and receive a full refund.