Goals and Objectives 2012-2013
Advancing Learning / Student Success
• Foster a program with a strong emphasis on academic, athletic, and social integrity.
• Continue to increase the academic performance of student-athletes by enhancing recruiting strategies, implementing a learning specialist, and further developing life skills program.
• Strive to attain a cum GPA of 3.15 for the 2012-13 academic year. Increase team and departmental NCAA Academic Progress Rate (APR) while improving standing in America East Academic Cup.
Rankings and Reputation
• Improve athletic performance standing in America East Commissioners Cup and Division I Learfield Sports Directors Cup (comprised of all Division I).
Philanthropy / Community Engagement
• Identify and cultivate new prospects and create strategies to better engage the student-athlete alumni base.
• Develop new corporate sponsorship opportunities.
• Enhance the annual giving program.
• Expand ticket marketing and e-commerce.
• Enhance the NCAA Compliance program by increasing rules educational sessions for coaches and staff, and implementing a new department-wide software tracking database to monitor all communications, evaluations, and contacts with prospective student-athletes.
• Evaluate current budgeting allocations including the identification of cost-containment strategies, reallocation of existing resources where appropriate, and the development of a forecasting model to assess needs over a five-year period.
• Upgrade website operations with a focus on improved content and delivery as well as video streaming capabilities.
• Implement new sports administration structure to better support, evaluate, and direct team operations and student-athlete welfare.
• Begin development of five-year athletic strategic plan in concert with University Road Map.