Job and Internship Fair
The Career Development Center sponsored the fall semester Job and Internship Fair on Sept. 20, in the Events Center. Employer registration was up by over 30 percent from last year, and nearly 30 percent of the employers were looking for students from all majors. Representatives from various organizations including for-profit, government and not for-profit were available to speak with students regarding opportunities within their organizations for either entry-level, full-time and/or internship positions.
Quick facts and figures about the fair:
• 93 employers attending and the complete list can be found on the Web
• This is the highest employer registration for the fall fair since fall 2008.
• 20 employers are new to the fair
• 27 employers (29 percent) are recruiting any major
• 67 employers (72 percent) are located in New York state
• 18 employers (19 percent) are from the Binghamton area