University Center for Training and Development
Initiatives and projects undertaken by the University Center for Training and Development from July through September have included:
• Presenting two multi-day sessions on technical skills for administrative assistants
• Meetings with Educational Communications to plan upcoming training on i>clickers, Elluminate video conferencing software and Echo 360 Personal Capture. Workshops will be developed and presented by UCTD staff.
• Work with the Library to enable students to access new library tutorials through Blackboard and devising a methodology for testing and presenting certificates of completion in Blackboard.
• Presenting specialized workshops on Blackboard and navigating the Binghamton University website to international Academic Success Program students.
• Presenting a workshop on TurnItIn to new faculty.
• Presenting Blackboard workshops for new faculty orientation.
• Presenting on UCTD services to faculty at the Institute for Student Center Learning (ISCL) event for faculty.
• Holding Reasonable Suspicion Training sessions for Physical Facilities.
• Presenting a Blackboard information session and training for nursing students.
• Presented two special Blackboard workshops for Harpur graduate students.
• Holding weekly consulting hours for faculty and staff.
• Presenting a full range of technical workshops, as well as workshops on Blackboard, Elluminate, TurnItIn and i>clickers.
• Presenting sIx professional development workshops.
In addition, UCTD staff is developing workshops on Google Drive, decision making and habits; and the review and revision of compliance training modules is under way.