We hope the resources provided on this page will be helpful to you. However, keep in mind that direct, face-to-face assistance can’t be replaced by this (or any other) website tool. So whatever the nature of the issue that is challenging you, we recommend and hope you will contact us for help.
- The Counseling Center
- University Ombudsman
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Office
- Human Resources
- University Police
- Campus Recreation
Community Support Groups
Families Anonymous Support Group
Day/Time: 10am Saturdays and 7pm Wednesdays
Location: St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Endicott, NY
Self-help fellowship based on a 12 Step model and traditions of AA. Members are parents, relatives, friends and concerned loved ones who are current, suspected or former drug/alcohol users and have related behavioral problems.These are open meetings and the contact number is 341-2747.
The Compassionate Friends, Broome County Chapter
Nimmonsburg United Methodist Church
918 Upper Front Street (across from BCC), Binghamton, NY
Day/Time: 1st Monday of the month 7pm & 3rd Saturday at 10am
Phone: (607) 239-4222
Caregiver Chat Groups
Johnson City Stay Health Center
Location: Oakdale Mall, Johnson City, NY
Date: First Monday of each month
Time: 1–2:30 p.m.
Northern Broome Senior Center
Location: 12 Strongs Pl., Whitney Point, NY
Date: Third Wednesday of the month
Time: 9:30-11 a.m.
Broome West Senior Center
Location: 2801 Wayne St., Endwell, NY
Date: First Tuesday of the month
Time: 9:30–11 a.m.
Depressive and Bi-Polar Support Group
Unitarian Universalist Church
183 Riverside Dr., Binghamton, NY
Time: 7 p.m.
This is a peer support group aimed at helping members develop a better understanding of manic and depressive disorders. Family and friends welcome. Call Bunny at 607-239-4624 for additional information and meeting schedules.
Those Left Behind
Binghamton General Hospital offers a monthly support group for survivors of suicide (people who have lost a loved one to suicide) called, Those Left Behind. The group is free and open to the community. For further information, call 762-2887 (a recording of group information).
UHS Caregivers Support Group
This support group is designated for family members who have a loved one living with a chronic illness. Topics vary monthly. Meetings take place the third Tuesday of each month 6-7pm at 4417 Vestal Parkway Easy 3rd floor. To register call UHS at 607-763-5092 or online at UHS.net.
- Alcohol Screening Tool
- Alcohol Addiction for Teens
- Combat Heroin and Prescription Drug Abuse
- NYS Gambling help website
- Triple Cities Narcotics Anonymous
- Addiction Resource
- Drug Rehab -New York
- Drug Rehab - Co-Occurring Disorder
- Drug Rehab - Domestic Abuse
Bullying Behavior in the Workplace
Crime Victims Assistance
- Talk Therapy can ease depression
- Brain & Behavior Research Foundation
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, 1-800-273-8255
Eldercare and Disability Services
- Assisted Senior Communication
- Broome County Office for the Aging
- Southern Tier Independence Center
Grief & Loss
- Coping with Grief and Loss
- Coping with the Death of a Co-Worker
- Grief Resource Guide
- Funeral Consumers Alliance - funeral planning
- Broome County Court System
- Legal Aid Society (Binghamton)
- ACCORD Center for Dispute Resolution
- UUP Legal Services plan (Click on Legal Service Plan on left side)
- CSEA Legal Service Plan 1-800-342-4146
- Legal Aid for Broome & Chenango
Mental Health Resources (free/low cost)
- Broome County Mental Health Department
- Catholic Charities
- Family and Children’s Society
- Mental Health Association of the Southern Tier (MHAST)
Money Management & Identity Protection
- Money as you Grow: 20 things kids need to know to live financially smart lives
- Credit Karma - monitors your accounts and provides you with your credit score free of charge
- AnnualCreditReport.com - Provides free copies of your credit report from eahc of the three different credit agencies
- NYS Department of State Division of Consumer Protection
General Information & Referrals
These resources may provide only general information. Please contact an EAP Coordinator for more specific referrals to target your personal needs.