Proof of enrollment (or Enrollment Verification) serves as documentation that a student is enrolled at Binghamton for a particular semester(s) as a full-time, three quarter-time, half-time, or less than half-time student. Your insurance company, a scholarship program, loan company or other third parties may require you to show proof of enrollment.
Binghamton’s official enrollment verification is offered through the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC). Several updates will be made during the first month of the semester. Changes you make to your schedule (adding a course, dropping a course, etc.) will be reflected in these updates.
Note: An Advanced Registration Certificate is also available for students pre-registered for a subsequent semester.
How to obtain Proof of Enrollment online:
- Login to BU BRAIN Self Service via the Portal at my.binghamton.edu.
- Click on the BU BRAIN Self Service icon on left side of the page.
- Once in BU BRAIN Self Service, click on the "Student" tab.
- Then select a menu item, "Student Service Tools".
- Click on "Proof of Enrollment (Clearinghouse)" to obtain proof of enrollment from the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC).
- Login with User ID and password.
- Once logged in, you will be taken to a secure NSC website.
- Now you can view your enrollment history and obtain your enrollment or an advanced registration certificate to print and mail to a health insurer or other third party that requested proof of enrollment.