Introduction to Algorithms
- Instructor: Anand Seetharam
- Open year round
- Delivery: Self-paced online, video lectures, self-assessment quizzes (not graded) and final
Credentials: The students who successfully complete the course by passing the final exam will receive the Introduction to Algorithms digital badge and will be able to download/print a Binghamton University issued course completion certificate.
- Recommended next step: Advanced Algorithms
- Who can take this course: This course is open to all engineers, professionals, faculty and students.
ABOUT THE COURSE
This course will provide a solid introduction to design and analysis of algorithms. In particular, upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to understand, explain and apply key algorithmic concepts and principles including the following:
- Sorting algorithms (selection sort, bubble sort and insertion sort)
- Time and space complexity analysis (big-oh, omega and theta notations)
- Recursive algorithms and master theorem
- Divide and conquer algorithms (merge sort, quick sort and matrix multiplication)
- Trees (binary search trees, AVL trees, and red-black trees
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Anand Seetharam is an assistant professor in Computer Science in the Thomas J. Watson College of Engineering and Applied Science at Binghamton University. Dr. Seetharam is broadly interested in the field of computer networking. His research interests include wireless networks, information-centric networks, ubiquitous computing, the Internet of Things (IoT) and smart grids.
- $250: Standard/Industry Rate (Group rates available, see below)
- $150: BU and SUNY Faculty/Staff/BU Alumni graduated May 2020/Non-SUNY students
- $95: BU and SUNY Students and recent BU Alumni graduated Dec. 2020 or after/High School students
- $105: Non-BU and non-SUNY students (must give evidence of matriculation at University/College, please email email@example.com)
- Industry Group rate: 3-5 people from the same organization: $225 per person. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org promo code to use when you register.
Payment is made at the time of registration. For questions, contact the Office of Industrial Outreach at email@example.com.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
Please note our cancellation and refund policy: All cancellations must be received in writing (email) to the Office of Industrial Outreach. All refunds will be assessed a 10% administrative fee. No refunds for cancellations or non-attendance will be given after you have started the course. Submit your cancellation request to EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the course is canceled, enrollees will be advised and receive a full refund.