Introduction to Python Programming
This course was successfully held in the fall of 2019. Please wait for the next offering. Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Instructor: Hiroki Sayama, Professor SSIE Department at Binghamton University.
Date: To be decided
Time: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. (Registration/coffee/light breakfast at 8:45 a.m., Lunch 12-1 p.m.)
Location: ES 2008, Innovative Technologies Complex (ITC), Binghamton University
85 Murray Hill Road, Vestal, NY 13850
Credentials: A micro-credential (digital badge) will be issued to students who pass a group assignment at the end of the day. Participation certificates will be issued to all participants.
Who can take this course: This course is open to all engineers, professionals and students.
"The Intro to Python course was a great experience in continuing education. The professor kept it very main stream and incorporated several real-world example the Python language could be applied to. I would recommend this course to any analyst looking to grow their skills. "
ABOUT THE COURSE
This course introduces computer programming in Python for those who
have little or no prior computer programming experience. The course
will be heavily based on hands-on exercises, so participants are
strongly encouraged to bring their own laptops. The following topics
will be covered:
The following topics will be covered:
1. Software installation and language basics
2. Variables and data structures (strings, lists, matrices, dictionaries)
3. Flow control and function definition
4. Plotting and visualization
5. Using modules
6. Object-oriented programming
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Hiroki Sayama is a Professor in the Department of Systems Science and Industrial Engineering. His research interests include complex dynamical networks, collective behaviors, social systems modeling, artificial life/chemistry, mathematical biology, computer and information sciences.
- Director, Center for Collective Dynamics of Complex Systems
- Director, Advanced Graduate Certificate Program in Complex Systems Science and Engineering
- Professor, Faculty of Commerce, Waseda University, Japan
- Affiliate, New England Complex Systems Institute
- Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching (2015–2016)
- $295 Standard/Industry Rate (Group rate: 3-5 people - $250 per person, for registrants from the same organization)
- $195 BU Faculty/Staff/Alumni and Students from other Universities (will be verified)
- $75 Binghamton University Students and SUNY students (must be matriculated)
Registration link will be provided once we have the next offering.
Payment is made at the time of registration. Use registration button above.
If you are not able to pay with credit card you can contact us to make arrangements for a check payment.
For questions, contact the Office of Industrial Outreach at:
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
Please note our cancellation and refund policy: All cancellations must be received in writing (email, fax or letter only - no telephone calls) to the Office of Industrial Outreach by 9 a.m. by the date before the course starts to receive a refund. All refunds will be assessed a $20 administrative fee. No refunds for cancellations or non-attendance will be given after the course date. Substituting an attendee will be permitted by alerting our office. Submit your cancellation request to EMAIL: email@example.com.
If the course is canceled, enrollees will be advised and receive a full refund.