The University Communications Team within Communications and Marketing is Binghamton’s headquarters for news and information targeting faculty, staff, students, alumni and the community. Projects appear in print, broadcast and digital media.
In particular, our team:
- Publishes and manages Inside, Binghamton's online news site
- Sends Dateline announcements to faculty and staff every weekday to provide information and promote events on campus
- Distributes Dateline Addition updates, as needed, to inform the campus of important changes in University practices, urgent situations and other key campus developments
- Publishes Binghamton University Magazine three times a year
- Edits and approves submissions to the University Events Calendar
- Edits and approves events submitted to B-Line, the University’s twice-weekly news report for students
- Edits student event submissions to B-Engaged, which are e-mailed to students daily during the academic year and also flow into the University Events Calendar
- Edits the monthly parent e-newsletter, Parent Connect
- Coordinates crisis/emergency communications
- Programs electronic signage at campus entrances
- Supports University schools, colleges, departments and offices with special and ongoing communications programs
Dateline is the University’s official, daily electronic news service for University faculty and staff featuring human resource, employee benefit, administrative, event and other pertinent information.
Submissions, which are edited for clarity and brevity, must be received by noon the day before you wish your item to run.
Submit items for or subscribe to Dateline by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
B-Line is the University’s official means of communicating news items and non-date specific announcements to students. It is sent at 11 a.m. twice a week — Tuesdays and Thursdays — during the academic year.
Announcements are edited for clarity and brevity. No commercial announcements are posted.
Submit items for B-Line electronically at b-line.binghamton.edu
B-Engaged serves as a single, online source of information for all Binghamton University recognized groups to promote events, run reports, communicate with members, store documents and more. Events submitted through B-Engaged flow to several sources.
Review information on submitting events though B-Engaged or contact B-Engaged at email@example.com for submission procedures.
The electronic signs at the main Bartle Drive and lower Bunn Hill Road entrances to campus are available to promote and celebrate institutional events and to provide critical information. Allowed are messages that promote high-priority institutional events and messages or events with a strong campus-community connection, as well as information about traffic control and safety issues.
To request messages be placed on these boards, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request internal or crisis communications assistance:
If you have crisis or emergency information that has already been reported to the University Police, but want to communicate that to our team, please do so by calling Katie Ellis, senior director of communications and marketing, at 607-777-2268 or e-mailing email@example.com.