Heat and mass transfer in biological/environmental/industrial applications, microfluidics/nanofluidics, complex fluids, interfacial phenomena/wetting
A. Ghafouri, M. Zhao, T. Singler, X. Yong, and P. Chiarot. (2018) "Interfacial Targeting of Sessile Droplets Using Electrospray". Langmuir. In Press.
Hadad, Y., Ramakrishnan, B., Pejman, R., Rangarajan, S., Chiarot, P., Pattamatta, A., Sammakia, B. (2019). Three-objective shape optimization and parametric study of a micro-channel heat sink with discrete non-uniform heat flux boundary conditions. Applied Thermal Engineering.
Ahmad Reza Dibaji, S., Guha, S., Arab, A., Murray, B.T., Myers, M.R. (2018). Accuracy of commercial electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS) temperature control technology. PloS one, 13(11), e0206937.
Current Funded Research
- CAREER: Additive Manufacturing using Electrospray Printing of Nanoparticle Inks - National Science Foundation
- Electrospray Deposition of PTFE Coatings - Schick Manufacturing Incorporated
- Electrohydrodynamic Atomization of Fuels Using Charge-Injection for Efficient Flameless Catalytic Combustion at Small Scale - American Chemical Society
Paul Chiarot (PI) and Peter Huang (Co-PI)
- Perivascular Transport of Solutes from the Brain - National Institutes of Health
- Next Generation HVAC Adsorption Compressorless HVAC Using Advanced Materials - EthosGen LLC
- Mesoscale Modeling of Stimuli-Responsive Composite Colloids at Oil-Water Interfaces - American Chemical Society
Xin Yong (PI), Paul Chiarot (Co-PI), Tim Singler (Co-PI)
- Inkjet-Electrospray Hybrid Printing: Understanding the Processing-Structure Relationship - National Science Foundation.
- Chiarot, Paul
- Huang, Peter
- Murray, Bruce
- Schiffres, Scott
- Singler, Timothy
- Yong, Xin
- Dorel Homentcovschi