For the fastest service, order your official Binghamton University transcript to be sent electronically through Parchment. Transcripts are sent in PDF format. Attachments can also be uploaded and sent with your expedited electronic transcript.
Typical Electronic Transcript processing times:
- Orders that Parchment can match with student record automatically without an attachment - thirty (30) minutes
- Orders that Parchment cannot match with student record automatically (require Binghamton to match the record manually) - 2 business days
- Orders with attachments (NYSED Licensure forms, study abroad addendums, verification forms, letters, etc.) - 2 business days
- Orders for transcripts on microfiche - 5 business days
Key benefits include:
- 24/7 access. You may submit your request from any computer connected to the internet anywhere in the world.
- Faster Service. Parchment facilitates your order 24 hours per day, 365 days per year, for a minimal charge of $5.00 USD per recipient for the expedited electronic (PDF) delivery.
- Status updates. Receive email or text updates on the status of your request from receipt of the order to a notice when the transaction is complete. If there is a problem in processing your request, you are notified via email or text. Once submitted, you can check the status of your electronic (PDF) official transcript.
- Easy address look-up. A search feature connects you to a database of many college and university mailing addresses.
Simple steps to ordering online:
- Current students should log into BU Brain and submit your request from the 'Your Records' tab and click 'Electronic (PDF) Official Transcript'. Students have login access to BU Brain for six months after graduation or for three major semesters with no course registration.
- Alumni and former students who no longer have access to BU Brain can request your official transcript electronically.
- Insert debit or credit card number for payment of $5.00 per transcript.
- Attachments can also be uploaded and sent with your expedited electronic transcript.
- Submit order. Parchment will notify you regarding the status of your request.
- The name on your official student record (including diplomas and transcripts) cannot be changed after your degree has been conferred.
- Once a student opens their official electronic transcript (PDF) with the password provided by Parchment, the transcript becomes an unofficial document. The student will not be able to forward this transcript as an official document once it is opened.
- Once your transcript request is processed, you may need to check your "Spam" email folder for an email from Parchment containing your transcript download link.
Binghamton University has appointed Parchment as the designated agent for processing and sending official electronic transcripts on behalf of Binghamton University. The PDF transcript that is produced using this service contains the identical information as the printed transcript and can be certified as unaltered by uploading the file to the company’s website that is provided during the delivery process. Parchment has been granted the authority to deliver all such electronic transcript requests on behalf of Binghamton University and respond to any inquiries regarding the transactions.