Binghamton University has partnered with Google to provide our students, faculty and
staff tools to enhance communication and collaboration.
Google Apps Education Edition is a suite of hosted communication and collaboration applications designed for institutions of higher education. Google Apps Education Edition will provide additional features beyond email. Larger mail boxes, expanded data storage, a calendar system, documentation storage and a website creation tool. Users will continue to use their existing @binghamton.edu email address.
Gmail (Bmail) – unlimited free storage, built-in IM, voice and video chat, mobile access, spam and virus protection, IMAP, POP and Google powered email search.
Google Calendar – share calendars with anyone on campus – class or exam schedules, group meetings, or events.
Google Talk – Instant messaging, free calling (VOIP)/voicemail box, file transfer, group chat.
Google Drive - store everything, share anything with Google Drive. Google Drive is available on your Mac, PC, Android or IOS device. Google Drive can be downloaded at: http://google.com/drive/download.
Google Sites – team website creation with videos, images, gadgets and documents integration.
Google Video – securely share videos with your school.
Google Groups - Create your own moderated forums and mailing lists featuring strong sharing and management controls.
- Same email address – your address remains the same (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- No user sign-up – accounts will be created by the ITS department
- More storage – Bmail powered by Google offers unlimited free storage
- Larger attachments – send and receive 25mb attachments
- Spam and virus protection – less spam and viruses in your inbox
- No Ads – all current faculty, staff and students accounts are ad free. After you graduate, you may be presented with ads just like a normal Gmail account
- You can keep your mail address for life as long as you graduate or retire from Binghamton University
For more information about Google Apps at Binghamton University please see our Google Apps Help Center page and the Google Apps @Binghamton Frequently Asked Questions.